Is Windows 10 Taskbar not working for you? Is Windows 10 taskbar not responding or getting freezed? If yes, then this article is just for you. Sometimes some Windows System UI does not work as expected, one of them is the Windows taskbar UI.
Many Windows 10 user are facing issue with taskbar not working Windows 10.
There are several ways to fix taskbar not working in Windows 10, We will see few of them.
Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working
Method 1. Re-Register Taskbar Windows 10
If this method is too technical for you, you can try other methods listed below. When the Windows 10 taskbar broken, we re-register the taskbar. To Re-Register Windows 10 taskbar we will use the Windows Powershell.
If you don’t know what is Windows Powershell, then here is the quick explanation. It is the command-line tool to configure system settings and automate Windows tasks.
So let’s get the job done.
- To be on a safe side create a system restore point.
- Now in Cortana, Search for Windows Powershell.
- When you see it, Right click on it and Run As Administrator.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that appears.
After doing the above steps you will see a Blue Window. That’s right, that is the Windows Powershell terminal where we will executing the commands.
5. Now in the Powershell paste the below code as suggested in the Microsoft answers and press Enter:
6. After the command is successfully executed, just navigate to the below path in the Windows Explorer. Also, make sure the hidden files and folders should be set to visible.C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ (Where name is your account username)
7. Now scroll down and locate TileDataLayer and delete it.
8. If you are unable to delete TitleDataLayer folder than Run services.msc and stop the service for Tile Data model server and try deleting it again.
Now your Windows 10 taskbar should work as expected. If not, try the other methods.
Method 2. Restart Windows Explore In Windows 10
Here is how to restart windows explorer:
- Press Windows Key + R, in the Run dialog box type in taskmgr.exe and hit Enter.
- In the Windows 10 Task Manager window to restart explorer.exe, highlight Windows Explorer and click Restart.
- This will just kill explorer.exe process and restart it again.
Check to see if this resolves your Windows 10 taskbar not working issue.
Method 3. Try Microsoft Fix It Tool
Go to Microsoft website and download the Microsoft Fix it tool from the microsoft download center. Once the download is finished run it. Follow the easy to follow instructions and then restart your computer.
One of these method will fix Windows 10 taskbar not working issue. If you have any doubts regarding any of the given methouds just ask in comments section below.