If you are wondering where is Control Panel in Windows 10, then this tutorial is for you. The Control Panel Windows 10 is where you will find all the settings and customizations options.
Every operating system comes with a Control Panel that lets user controls the operating system in many ways.
Be it creating a new user in Windows 10, managing the power option for your laptop or Control Panel add or remove programs.
In this tutorial, I will show you how you can find Control Panel in Windows 10 or any other version of an operating system like Control Panel in Windows 8 or 7.
There are many ways by which you can easily access Control Panel in Windows 10.
Just by searching it in Cortana, by using Comand Prompt or by using the RUN Window.
We will learn about all these three ways to find Windows 10 Control Panel.
What Is Control Panel?
In brief, the Control Panel in an operating system is the place where users can control nearly every aspect of the operating system.
Recommended: Windows Movie Maker Download On Windows 10
Find Windows 10 Control Panel Using Cortana Search
Just go to Cortana personal assistant that is located in the system taskbar and type in “Control Panel” without quotes. In no time, you will see Control Panel in the result.
Open Control Panel From CMD
If you are a person who uses Comand Prompt to navigate in Windows 10, then this command will come handy.
To open Control Panel from CMD in Windows 10 just do the following.
- Use Windows 10 keyboard shortcut for the command prompt, press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right click on the desktop.
- You will see some options click on “Open Command Windows Here“.
- Now in the CMD window type “start control” as shown below and hit ENTER.
- You will see the Control Panel Window popped up on your screen as same as the below Windows 10 screenshot.
Open Control Panel In Windows 10 By RUN window
- Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then hit the R button. This will open the RUN window.
- Now type in “control” as shown below and hit ENTER or click OK.
Create Taskbar Control Panel Shortcut Windows 10
To create taskbar Control Panel shortcut in Windows 10 do the following:
- Go to CORTANA and type in “control“.
- Right click on the Control Panel and then click on “Pin to taskbar“.
Add Control Panel To Desktop Windows 10
To add Control Panel to Desktop in Windows 10 please follow the below steps:
- Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then hit the R button. This will open the RUN window.
- Now type in “desk.cpl ,,5” as shown below and hit ENTER or click OK.
- In the “Desktop icons settings” window check the “Control Panel” checkbox and then click Apply and Ok.
- Go to your desktop and you will see Control Panel shortcut.
This is how I access my Control Panel. I hope you now got the answer to your question Where is Control Panel in Windows 10.
Now you can adjust your Control Panel settings and customize the functionality of Windows 10. All Control Panel items are easy to understand and use.
If you find any trouble in Control Panel programs, do let us know.
Please do SHARE this guide with your friends. We need your support to make this website a better place for Windows 10 users around the world. Share and like our Facebook Fan page.
Also Read: Copy Music And Videos To Your Phone – Windows Mobile
- control panel windows 10 location
- my computer control panel
- panel de control windows 10
- how to find control panel in windows 10