Control Panel has been a core part of the Windows Operating System. Its been there since the birth of Windows OS. With the latest version of Windows, i.e. Windows 10. Many users are finding it difficult to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
Actually, people are just getting confused between Windows Settings & Windows Control Panel. The Control Panel Windows 10 is where you will find all the settings and customizations options. In Windows 10 “Settings” is the new name given to the “Control Panel”.
You are probably here to know where is Control Panel in Windows 10? Hang on with me, and continue reading the article.
The new look and navigation of Windows 10 Settings making it hard for the users who are used to the old Control Panel interface. But don’t worry change is for good, and slowly but surely users will get used to the new UI.
Every operating system comes with a Control Panel that lets the user controls the operating system in many ways.
Be it creating a new user in Windows 10, managing the power option for your laptop, playing with Windows sound settings, changing Windows theme or using add or remove programs feature.
This article will show you exactly how you can find Control Panel in Windows 10 or on any other older versions of Windows.
There are many ways by which you can easily access Control Panel in Windows 10. Just by searching it in Cortana, by using Comand Prompt, by using the RUN command, etc.
We will learn about 6 quick ways to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
What Is Control Panel In Windows 10?
In brief, the Control Panel in an operating system is the place where users can control nearly every aspect of the operating system. That means more power to the users!
Personalization is an important factor for a gadget or software. Users tend to personalize there gadgets in the way they want. Windows OS also gives its users the ability to personalize and customize settings.
You can add or remove users, change display settings in Windows 10 or even control your Keyboard and Mouse functionality. You just need to find Control Panel in Windows 10 and the available options will be right in front of you.
So, how to get to Control Panel in Windows 10?
Let’s get started!
1. Launch Control Panel Using Cortana Search
Navigate to Cortana personal assistant that is located in the system taskbar and type in “Control Panel” without quotes.
In no time, you will see the Control Panel in the result.
Isn’t it quick? There are more ways I will show you to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
2. Using Command Prompt(CMD)
If you are a person who uses Comand Prompt to navigate in Windows 10, then this command will come handy. And if not, below are the instructions that any level of user can do to launch Windows 10 Control Panel.
To open Control Panel using CMD in Windows 10:
- Use Windows 10 keyboard shortcut for the command prompt, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and then right click on the desktop.
- If the above does not work for you, just search CMD in the Cortana search box.
- You will see some options click on “Open Command Windows Here“.
- Now in the CMD window type “start control“, this is the Control Panel command as shown below and hit ENTER.
- You will see the Control Panel Window popped up on your screen as same as the below Windows 10 screenshot.
3. Open Control Panel In Windows 10 Using RUN
- Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then hit the R button. This will open the RUN window.
- Now type in “control” as shown below and hit ENTER or click OK.
You will see that the Control Panel is popped up on your screen.
4. Use Windows Settings Search
- Navigate to Windows Start Button(Logo) located at the bottom left corner and click on it.
- Next click on the Settings icon.
- In the settings Window, Find a setting box type in “Control Panel”.
Now, I will show you how you can easily create Control Panel shortcut so that the next time when you want to open Control Panel, you just need to double click on that shortcut.
5. Pin Control Panel To Taskbar
To create a pin in taskbar in Windows 10 follow the below instructions:
- Go to Cortana and type in “control“.
- Right click on the Control Panel and then click on “Pin to taskbar“.
That’s it, now have a look at the taskbar, you will find Control Panel icon sitting there. A single click on the icon will launch Control Panel instantly.
6. Add Control Panel To Desktop
To add a shortcut of Control Panel to Desktop:
- Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then hit the R button. This will open the RUN window.
- Now type in “desk.cpl ,,5” as shown below and hit ENTER or click OK.
- In the “Desktop icons settings” window check the “Control Panel” checkbox and then click Apply and Ok.
- Go to your desktop and you will see Control Panel shortcut.
Also Read: Free Up Drive Space In Windows 10 In Minutes
This is how I access my Control Panel. I hope you now got the answer to your question how to open Control Panel in Windows 10?
Now you can adjust your Control Panel settings and customize the functionality of Windows 10. All Control Panel items are easy to understand and use.
If you find any trouble in Control Panel programs, do let us know.
Please do SHARE this guide with your friends. We need your support to make this website a better place for Windows 10 users around the world. Share and like our Facebook Fan page.