How do I connect to another PC with Remote Desktop connection? This guide on How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 PC will help you understand how to use remote desktop.
Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) is very helpful when you do not have physical control on your PC/Laptop.
Let’s say you are on a vacation away from your home and you want to connect to your Windows 10 system at your home.This is when you can do an RDC to your system at your home.
You just need another PC/Laptop with an Internet connection to connect, that you will find easily in nearby places in an Internet Cafe.
Just to let you know there are software/services already available in the market that provide Remote Desktop Connection between two or more computers.
Some of the popular services that are free and paid as well are Team Viewer, Join.me, Showmypc.com etc.
We will talk about these services in upcoming articles, for now, we will learn how to setup Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10.
Below are the points that we will cover in this Guide:
- What is a remote desktop connection?
- In what scenario remote desktop connection is useful?
- How to use remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC?
What is a remote desktop connection?
RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is the protocol used by Remote Desktop Connection(RDC) to allow two computers, a remote host and client to communicate with each other. In simple words its a
In simple words its a set of rules that governs the connection between two computers. RDC is RDP client application that is preinstalled on your Windows 10 PC that lets you connect to a different computer or vice-versa.
In what scenario remote desktop connection is useful?
There are many scenarios where you can find RDP useful. Some of them are listed below:
- You don’t feel like going office today and you want to work from your home.
- You are on a vacation and you still need your office computer to do some important task.
- You forgot to send an important email that you drafted on a computer that is located in your office.
- You forgot to lock your computer while leaving the office.
- You have a friend having issues in his system and you know how to resolve it, you can quickly connect to his PC via RDP and perform troubleshooting steps.
Apart from the above-mentioned cases, there are many more scenarios where you will find Remote Desktop Connection Useful.
How to use remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC
This feature is very effective in the corporate world where the IT division of a company can get connected to any computer of the office or home and resolve the problem faced by the user.
So, go on and read the steps to establish Remote Desktop Connection. To establish a Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10:
- Go to your personal assistant “Cortana” and type in “Remote Settings”, you will see “Allow remote access to your computer” at the top, click on it.
Cortana is a nice way to get help in Windows 10
- A small window of “System Properties” will now pop-up on your screen. Go to the Remote Tab. Once you are there you will see 2 options listed there “Remote Assistance” & “Remote Desktop“.
- Under the “Remote Desktop,” you will see few more options. Let’s see what these options do if enabled or disabled.
Don’t Allow Remote Connections to this Computer
This option will restrict anyone who is trying to connect to your computer through the RDP or Remote apps. So if you or others want to control to your Windows 10 system then you should not go with this option.
Allow Remote Connections to this Computer
If enabled then you or other users can connect to your computer from a remote location or from the same location.For the sake of this article you can select “Allow Remote Connections To This Computer“.
Allow Connections only from Computers Running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication
- This option requires an authentication while being connected to another computer. This is the safe option to choose if you want only known persons to connect to your Windows 10 system.
- Here you will select your required option followed by a click on Ok button.
- Now others can get into your computer through Remote Desktop Connection and for the administrator level users they can get into by supplying the sign in credentials.
To add users you need to click on the “Select Users” button and then click on the “Add” button. Note that the user that you are trying to give access should have a local profile on your system.
If there is no profile then you will not be able to add the users, create one profile for each user.
- At last, you can click on “Apply” and then Ok to finish setting up your Windows 10 PC for RDP.
I hope How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 PC guide gave you a clear idea on how to make your Windows 10 system connect compatible. This is really useful for Home/Office environment.
I personally also use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my home PC, if I need to do any task that can be done only through my computer. Trust me its very handy and yes its Free.
- herstellen einer verbindung mit einem windows 10-pc über remotedesktop
- remotedesktopverbindung einrichten windows 10