How to change administrator in Windows 10: In this step-by-step guide I will show you exactly what you can do to change administrator in Windows 10. In every operating system there are Windows administrators, and then there are Windows standard users.
The Windows administrators have all the special privileges and the normal users lack those special privileges. For example, Administrators can install or uninstall software on the system or change the system properties.
The Windows admin can also change settings of other accounts. But standard users are restricted to do these operations. So if you are not the Administrator of your system you can’t even change the administrator in Windows 10.
There are different ways to accomplish this task and I will list them all in detail so that you do not make any mistakes and break your computer.
The methods listed below are the easiest anyone with zero technical knowledge can perform those instructions. If in case you are stuck somewhere and do not know what to do, just don’t rush and drop a comment and I will try to help you with your issue.
Let’s get started…
Points We Are Covering:
Possible Reasons Why You Want To Change The Administrator In Your Windows 10 PC
- You do not want others who access your system to do any major changes such as installing or uninstalling any software.
- You may want to restrict access to some programs.
- At work, you may want to give administrative privileges to your colleague.
- Or you just want to have more than one administrator for the system.
Whatever your reason is the solution is provided with in-depth detail and clarity.
How To Change Administrator In Windows 10?
In this guide on How To Change Administrator In Windows 10, I will show you two ways by which you can do the needful.
- Using User Account Control to change administrator in Windows 10.
- Using Local User and Group Management tool to change the Windows 10 admin.
1# User Account Control To Change Administrator In Windows 10
Let’s see how you can change administrator account by this method. For your better understanding, I am also including screenshots.
Changing Administrator account Windows 10 through User Account Settings:
- From your keyboard press Windows Key + R to open the RUN dialog box.
- Type “netplwiz” and hit ENTER.
- Now you will see a User Account Setting dialog box with all the users (administrators and home users) listed.
- You can also add a new user in Windows 10 or can remove the one already added to the system. (Be Cautious)
- Click on the existing Windows administrator account from the list provided by Windows 10 and then click Properties.
- You will see Group Membership options where you can make the current Administrator as the Standard User or choose Other for more options.
- Before you Change administrator in Windows 10, make one of the users as a Windows Administrator.
That’s it how it works. Now let us see How To Change Administrator In Windows 10 using Local User and Group Management tool.
2# Change Administrator Windows 10 By Using Local User & Group Management Tool
- Press Windows Key + R to open the RUN dialog box again.
- Now type “lusrmgr.msc” and hit enter.
- A new dialog box will open. Just click on GROUPS and then double click on ADMINISTRATORS.
- After double clicking Administrators, you will see the below window.
- As you see in the above screenshot that you can add administrator in Windows 10 or you can remove the existing one.
- When you remove the existing Windows 10 Administrator, it will not delete the person completely from the computer, but it will just remove them from the Administrator group. Thought to clear this out.
Also Read: Activate Windows Hello In Windows 10
I tried to make this guide “How to change administrator in Windows 10” as easy as possible for every level Windows user. But in case you have any doubts or confusions, please do not hesitate to comment.
P.S. This guide is written specifically for Windows 10 users, but if you are using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 this same above instructions can be applied on other Windows Versions.
Please do share my articles if you got any value from it, this really encourages me to write better articles for Windows 10 Helper blog. Thanks
- change administrator on Windows 10
- change administrator account
- administrator account windows 10
- lusrmgr.msc windows 10
- Change Admin Account Windows 10
- Remove Administrator Account Windows 10